Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 16 of 16

Thread: High School Drug Testing

  1. #11
    Sheriff jumper69's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 13th, 2001
    Posts
    1,950
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

    Post

    I'm not a parent yet, but if my wife and I have kids, you can be rest assured they will be drug tested w/o their knowledge. My wife and I have already had this argument, she thinks nothing should be done without suspicion. I'm like, what, am I Jumper pulling someone over for no reason at all and asking them a few questions with the night stick? A parent should not have to have probable cause or reasonable suspicion or any of that crap.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">You don't need suspicion Lew. You should know this but any child living with a parent and that child is under 18 is essentially owned by that parent. What I mean is that child has NO, NONE, NADA, ZIP, ZILCH, reasonable expectation of privacy. Lew and Frau can, short of abusing that child, do anything they want. They can: go through their kids books, drawers, diaries, clothes, cars, anything and everything. They can monitor their phone calls, internet usuage, EVERYTHING. The parent has absolute dominion over that child and anything that kid does.....up until they turn 18.

  2. #12
    Sheriff jumper69's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 13th, 2001
    Posts
    1,950
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

    Post

    Oh....and for the record:

    I'm for drug testing the little fuckers!

  3. #13
    Inactive Member Gunslinger's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 28th, 2004
    Posts
    400
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by Law Dawg:
    </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I'm not a parent yet, but if my wife and I have kids, you can be rest assured they will be drug tested w/o their knowledge. My wife and I have already had this argument, she thinks nothing should be done without suspicion. I'm like, what, am I Jumper pulling someone over for no reason at all and asking them a few questions with the night stick? A parent should not have to have probable cause or reasonable suspicion or any of that crap.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">You don't need suspicion Lew. You should know this but any child living with a parent and that child is under 18 is essentially owned by that parent. What I mean is that child has NO, NONE, NADA, ZIP, ZILCH, reasonable expectation of privacy. Lew and Frau can, short of abusing that child, do anything they want. They can: go through their kids books, drawers, diaries, clothes, cars, anything and everything. They can monitor their phone calls, internet usuage, EVERYTHING. The parent has absolute dominion over that child and anything that kid does.....up until they turn 18.</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Amen to that Jumper. The only time our oldest has any privacy is when she is in the bathroom. We know who she is calling, when she is calling them and how long she talks to them. She has an e-mail acct and the #1 Cardinal Rule is that Katie and I have unlimited access to it to see who is sending her messages and what is said.

    So far she hasn't had a problem with it. To be honest if she did have a problem with it, too bad.

  4. #14
    Inactive Member LanDroid's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 13th, 2001
    Posts
    1,026
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Then, right in the middle of my spiel, I break out the old "how would you do on a drug test right now?" If they can pass, they will answer right away (or within a pause of tolerable brevity) that they can. If they start fumbling around, or don't answer the question, or look away, or any of that, there's your answer right there.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I see what you're saying and that's kinda what I did with my kid. I'd agree to take him somewhere then when he's in the car and we're in transit I'd say, "You hafta go pee in a cup before we get there". He would always say, "Sure, no prob", which surprised me because by then I'd be pretty sure he would test positive.

  5. #15
    Inactive Member LanDroid's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 13th, 2001
    Posts
    1,026
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Wouldn't it be amusing if Libertarians gained enough power to legalize all drugs, but Americans couldn't indulge due to ubiquitous drug testing?

    Want a job? Drug test. Want to remain on the job? Drug test. Promotion? Drug test. Want to receive your Social Security check? Drug test. Want to buy a house? Drug test. Want to get married? Drug test. Want a passport? Drug test. Want to get on an airplane? Drug test. Etc. [img]graemlins/martini.gif[/img]

  6. #16
    Inactive Member Lew's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 2nd, 2001
    Posts
    1,393
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    D2-

    My judge usually asks 25 yr olds how much do they think they've spent on alcohol over the years. They'll respond they don't know, and he'll get out the calculator and run the numbers. The first time I heard him do this, he came back with $25K and I thought to myself "no way."

    Then I thought about it- if a drinker spends $50/week on alcohol, which is not out of the question, then after 10 years there would be your $25K. It's downright creepy.

    Lan-

    I think mj should be legal, but only for adults obviously. I do not believe coke, heroin, meth, or other such drugs should be legal, and the reason is they are so addictive that they force the addicts to do anything to fuel their habit, including burglary, sometimes murder, etc. And because it turns them into raging maniacs. Pina and I debated the whole drug-testing in the welfare context. He argued it was an example of the government's war on the poor. I agreed that our society does punish poor drug users far more severely than it does rich ones, but cutting off a welfare check isn't punishment and I had no problem with it.

    One thing I think we can all agree on- the issue is whether the kid is using drugs, not whether the parent knows if they are. If they are, it's not like closing your eyes to it will make it go away.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •